Sponsored links

2008-06-18

Pitti Uomo 74: the fashion fair in Florence

This morning I went to Pitti Immagine Uomo 74, the fashion fair that takes place in Florence twice a year.
First, I visited the stands of well know brands (Prada, Hugo Boss, Woolrich, Sundek with the surf exhibition, Massimo Rebecchi with the italian vip "Morgan") but I also discovered some brand new companies that are launching their products and labels. Some are very innovative and inusual.


I entered the stand where there was the exclusive world preview by PUMA by Mihara Yasuhiro & dress for PLAYSTATION®3 : a sample exhibit of a new Fashion software being developed by Sony.

I really enjoyed the area "Welcome to my house": an exhibit dedicated to fashions influenced by street culture with a selection of young, but already well-known, brands that focus their research on street styles. In this area I noticed the one named "Dead meat" : a little fashion company that tries to gather political provocation and street design. You can read on their manifesto:
Dead Meat is born with the intent to transform the t-shirt into a canvas for the youth to express their ideas, on which we build and form piece by piece an message until it becomes poetry.

Then I walked through the area "New Beat(s)", the area that Pitti Uomo reserves for debuts by young talents. The new layout has transformed the Lyceum's rooms into a Portoguese courtyard decorated with azulejos, to showcase the offerings of young brands from the world over: from Russia to Japan, from Belgium to Finland.

Then I had a strange meeting... with a interactive cloud from MIT... I will tell about this later.

This night Lee will be present with a big event to celebrate the brand: Lee Rocks Firenze, Live set from 10 pm and Dj set from 12 pm at Teatro Gambrinus, with The Teenagers, The Tunas, Radio days.

No comments:

Link sponsorizzati