- Taste Tour an itinerary that will allow you to sample the products presented by the 250 exhibitors to become acquainted with – and learn more about – Italy’s gastronomic riches; there will be lots of things, old and new, to discover, from the concentrated white truffle cream to ground dried capers, from salami to wine, from aged cow cheese to mild pecorino, from handmade pasta from Italy’s major pasta factories to figs preserved in balsamic vinegar, to saffron liqueur, to chocolates filled with Limoncello cream to red eggplant jam to….!
- Taste Tools is the area dedicated to designer food and kitchen items, tools for chefs and for those who love to cook – from kitchenwear to professional kitchenware.
- Taste Shop is the “department store” for exclusive foods – with over 1,500 items in the catalogue and sales exceeding 21,000 pieces last season. This is where to buy what you see and taste around the fair;
- Taste Ring, is the cultural-gastronomic arena orchestrated by Gastronaut Davide Paolini who was recently elected “Person of the Year” in the poll conducted by the online daily Italia a Tavola. In this area devoted to debates and ideas, the leading players on the food stage challenge each other on the most interesting topics related to contemporary eating, from foods to flavors, interpreting what is happening today and anticipating the trends of tomorrow.
- King of Catering: the competition among the best catering and banqueting firms of 2011, is organized by Bisol, who have been making wine in the Valdobbiadene area since 1542, and is sponsored by Mondadori. The theme for finalists in this second edition, and a very important topic for all catering companies is the “Wedding Reception”. The competition will be held on Friday, 9 March at the Four Seasons Hotel in Florence; a prestigious panel will judge, the first and main courses, the dessert, the entire menu and the service.
- The Casaviva Vintage Table: the magazine Casaviva will be participating in this edition of TASTE. Is vintage a real trend? Martina Liverani, the editorial staff foodie, will be at TASTE in the Casaviva stand to talk about recipes, tables, curiosities and anecdotes – and strictly nostalgia colored.
- The genie in the pot: tasty recipes at TASTE 7! Pitti Immagine decided to involve a dozen talented food bloggers to celebrate the contemporary foodie spirit of TASTE 7 and highlight a spreading phenomenon. They will be busy preparing tasty dishes made with ingredients provided by some of the exhibitors. And then, the recipes will be published on dedicated page on the Pitti Immagine website, buon appetito!
€ 15 day ticket for the general public
€ 8 for registered members of the trade (one ticket is valid for all 3 days)