- BaldoBar, close to Santa Croce square. Via Sangiuseppe, 20/r
Nice interiors, good coffee, tasty croissants: ask to the weird waiter with curly hair the password and start to browse for free.
- Hairforce, via Ghibellina, 74/r not far from Santa Croce Square.
Have your hair brushed (or cut or coloured) while you check your email or update your Facebook status, using one of the 2 iPad available for free for customers.
- Sweet Wine bar, via di Ripoli, 2 (not in center)
Enjoy the best glass of wine in Florence and listen to a good selection of music, while you use the free Wi Fi. Attended by florentine people!
- Biblioteca delle Oblate, via dell'Oriuolo (close to the Duomo, see the picture above!)
A beautiful public library with a small cafeteria on the top, with a gorgeous view of the Dome of Florence. You can have up to 3 hours a day of Internet connection, but you have to leave your ID card.
- 'Ino, via de' Georgofili, close to Ponte Vecchio
Have a delicious "panino" (sandwiches) and a glass of wine for 7 or 8 euros and surf for free the web in this small stylish spot.
There are many places in Florence where you can enjoy a Free Wi-Fi. You can see the "WI-FI" sign on the windows of many restaurants and clubs, but you can discover that waiters don't like people sitting at a table for hours... So enjoy my favourite list of Free Wi Fi spots where nobody will look at you with hate if you order only a coffee...
It's not easy to find affordable places to eat in Florence: many restaurants are tourist traps!
If you have the patience to walk a little by the San Frediano neighbourhood, one of the most historical and typical quarters in Florence, just besides the ancient "Porta San Frediano" (the ancient gate to access the medieval city) you can find "Sabatino" a family run trattoria where you can have a good lunch for under 15 euros.
The menù is only in italian, but you can ask to some waiters to help you to understand the dishes. There are not many choices: some kind of pasta with tomato sauce ("al sugo") or meat sauce ("al ragù"), roasted ("arrosto") or steamed ("lesso") chicken served with green sauce (made of some vegetables and spices) and some sidedishes.
But have a look at the price! You won't fine similar prices anywhere in Florence.
You can share your table with someone else if you are alone.
Try also the dessert.
Trattoria Sabatino dal 1956Via Pisana 2r Firenze tel. 055-225955
Here we are... Pitti Man Fashion Fair is back in town! From 19th to the 22nd of June, Florence will host Pitti Immagine Uomo #82.
1,065 fashion brands in Florence, at the Fortezza da Basso, plus another 75 women’s collections at Pitti W at the Dogana. And then there are the buyers: the last summer edition of Pitti Uomo welcomed more than 32,000 visitors, 20,000 of whom were buyers from the world’s most important retailers, large and small.
Here is a partial list of the main previews and special projects scheduled for this edition of Pitti Uomo:
- WP "Lavori in Corso" will be celebrating its 30th anniversary and will present the first collection created for Baracuta, the iconic brand they recently acquired;
- the important world première showing 7 For All Mankind men’s collection;
- Ben Sherman presents EC1, the international launch of the new Ben Sherman men’s collection in one of the Fortezza’s most special areas, the Cannoniera;
- the historic name in denim G-Star, has selected an important venue within the Fortezza to stage an exhibition-event RAW Denim Dome. The contemporary denim brand will present a new, unusual and totally creative look at denim – RAW denim;
- the European preview of Deus Ex Machina, the biker and surfer cult label;
- Edun, the eco-fashion label created by Ali Hewson – who is married to Bono Vox – is returning to Pitti Uomo;
- the European première of Scott James, American brand that will present its sophisticated total look in a special space at the Costruzioni Lorenesi;
- Dekker has booked the Sala della Volta for the exclusive launch of the new collection.
- the important return of Siviglia, that will participate at Pitti Uomo with the trousers and accessory project of Siviglia White, the cutting edge line of the brand that is the result of a two years of research and experimentation on luxury Vintage;
- the presentation of the first men’s footwear line of Giuseppe Homme, signed by Giuseppe Zanotti;
- the world-première debut for Hancock, the collection designed by Timothy Everest;
- Pirelli PZero is returning to Pitti Uomo with a major presence at the Fortezza;
- Cesare Paciotti will be presenting the Premium footwear collection for men.
- the celebration of the first 5 years of Orlebar Brown with the launch of a special capsule in collaboration with Getty Images.
The first is organized by the Museo Ferragamo who wants to celebrate the most famous blond actress ever with a selection of dresses, shoes and accessories made by Salvatore Ferragamo through the years exclusively for her. A tribute that the Ferragamo family wants to pay 50 years after the tragic death of Marilyn. Starts the 19th of June.
While at the Gallery Hotel Art, just near Ponte Vecchio, there will be another exibition regarding the american actress. An exposure of unreleased black and white shoots of the Hollywood brightest star.
The whole set of photos were exposed at the famous Getty Gallery in London until the 20th of May, 22 photos to show the most intimate moments of the diva on the set and during his life. The show, organized with the collaboration of the Brancolini Grimaldi Gallery, will start on the 20th of June with a party at the Gallery Hotel Art.
The entrance to the exibition is free.
Palazzo Spini Feroni
Piazza Santa Trinita 5/R, 50123 Firenze.
Tel. 055 3562846 (Museum)
Tel. 055 3562456 (Museum Direction)
Gallery Hotel Art
Vicolo dell’Oro 5r
Tel 0655 27263